Overcoming restrictions to access for prescribed medications requires deep managed markets expertise.
Today, roughly 90% of all prescriptions are covered by third-party payers. These payers and their Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) often work to restrict the use of new and established brands by implementing an array of burdensome access hurdles.
Prescribers and patients face ever-increasing pressure to adopt generics and biosimilars even when an originator brand may have distinct advantages. Payers are aggressively implementing tiered formularies, high patient co-pays or co-insurance requirements, and prior-authorization or step-edit hurdles as part of the reimbursement process. Manufacturers need a highly focused strategy and strong teams to succeed in this environment. For many brands, managed markets expertise is a necessity.
Touchpoint’s Managed Markets account teams are staffed with experts whose sole focus is on this highly complex arena.
Through our robust market strategies, custom plans, and knowledgeable specialists Touchpoint provides the tools to achieve success:
- Experienced account directors
- National and regional representation
- Support for emerging biopharmaceutical companies as well as under-represented brands in the portfolios of midsize and large pharmaceutical companies
- Specialized Channel expertise
- Affordable Care Act Exchange Plans
- High-deductible plans
- Pharmacy Benefit Managers and Managed Care Organizations (MCOs)
- State and managed Medicaid
- Managed Medicare
- Veteran’s Administration, Department of Defense, Health Information System
- Group purchasing organizations and hospital systems
- Specialty pharmacy